Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publishing Group Launches Backwing, Digital Performing Arts Community
Creative media hub, Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publishing Group (HLPAPG), has now released Backwing, a new online platform for performing artists and fans to connect and gain knowledge of their respective industries. Aspiring and established creatives within the music, film, theater, television, and pop culture industries will be able to post and review information about their art to display to all visitors of this digital community. Visitors will also have the opportunity to participate in open discussion forums to provide feedback to the artists’ posts.
“For nearly seven decades, Hal Leonard has provided consumers with the highest quality information available,” said Group Publisher John Cerullo. “We know who our readers are and what knowledge they crave. Backwing offers us a dynamic new means of reaching them, responding to their feedback, and cultivating conversations around our content in real time.”
There are three components of Backwing:
1. Exclusive content related to HLPAPG products
- Resource database comprised of performing arts materials from HLPAPG authors and the publisher’s industry associates.
- Direct-to-Consumer sales portal which will feature daily deals, giveaways, contests. Many will also be made available to 3rd party vendors. This sales portal can be found at www.backwingstore.com.
HLPAPG is offering prizes for performing arts lovers to help in the launch of this new digital community which includes:
- Epiphone guitar for music fans
- Rodgers + Hammerstein’s The Sound of Music package
- Gift certificates to digitaltheatre.com for theater lovers
- Subscriptions to online streaming services for film and television buffs
- Met Opera on Demand Gift Subscriptions for classical music and opera enthusiasts
Regardless of the skill level, all performing arts enthusiasts are encouraged to join in on the creative conversations.
Backwing is a budding digital community and singular resource for performing artists and fans inhabiting the worlds of music, film, theater, television, and popular culture.
For more information, visit www.Backwing.com
About Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publishing Group
Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publishing Group is a resource site containing the largest collection of books and DVDs for aspiring and professional musicians, producers, engineers, directors, actors of stage and screen, and discerning fans of pop culture, cinema, television, Broadway, jazz, blues, hip hop, rock ‘n’ roll, and more.
For more information, visit www.HalLeonardbooks.com.